top of page

Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)


The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is part of the Express Entry immigration program and uses the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to rank applicants keen to settle permanently in Canada. 


Applicants must meet the following basic requirements : 


  • Minimum 12-months of continuous, full-time, skilled work experience completed within the previous 10 years (or an equivalent amount in part-time experience)

  • English/ French language proficiency must reach a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7

  • The level of education must be a minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or the equivalent in foreign education.

  • Sufficient funds to support themselves and any spouse and/or children in their settlement in Canada

Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)

Office Worker

Federal Skilled Trades Program comes under the Express Entry system and Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) to rank interested candidates against one another. Competitive applicants are invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence.

Basic requirements to qualify under this category are:

Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, defines skilled trades as the following occupation groups:


Major Group 72 industrial, electrical, and construction trades

Major Group 73 maintenance and equipment operation trades

Major Group 82 supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture, and related production

Major Group 92 processing, manufacturing, and utility supervisors and central control operators

Minor Group 632 chefs and cooks

Minor Group 633 butchers and bakers


  • The candidate must have two years of full-time or equivalent work experience in a skilled trade within five years before applying.

  • Have a valid job offer of full-time employment for a position lasting at least 12-months or a certificate of qualification in their skilled trade which is issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.

  • The level of education must be a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 on an approved English or French language test.

bottom of page